May 6, 2011

The way that he sings

Music is a major part of my life as I am sure it is with all of you. Have you ever heard an album that has changed your life? You hear a song and it blows your mind….it is as if the artist singing knows the words to your heart. Music is the most comforting entity in this world next to the human touch. It can make you happy, it can make you sad. Music can move feelings inside of you that you didn’t know you had. It can make you laugh and it can take you back to certain moments in your life. Every feeling and emotion can be expressed through music when conversation is lacking. I have a very lyrical and poetic soul, however it is hard for me to get the words out. It truly is a gift to be able to put your feelings into words in such an eloquent way. That is why I love poetry so much…these people speak the words of my heart that I have trouble speaking. I feel it, I just can’t say it. It as if my heart speaks to my brain, but there is something lacking between my brain and my mouth.  Music is when words become alive. Emotions are set free and lifted up from inside of your soul. It doesn’t have to be so intense, so deep. Excitement, joy and humor are released as well. Frustration and anger. Sexuality. It’s actually quite incredible when you think of it this way, how music sets you free.

The next few posts will feature some of my favorite albums. Some opened my eyes to a different world, others just make me smile, want to belt my lungs out or dance my ass off.  The great thing about music, as intense as it can me, it also does not have to be so serious…it be playful and exciting. Most of all, it is just stimulating. You can make can make it into whatever you want…..which is also true with your life.

I heard this song my sophomore year of college and fell in love with this band. I can probably write a thesis about My Morning Jacket, so I won't even get started now. I must say if I never heard this song, I would have never loved this band so much, and I would never love music so much, therefore I would never love life so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment